[Vision2020] Weitz is a civic terrorist?

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Tue May 8 16:06:39 PDT 2007

This isn't written to me, but I find it an interesting post.  Why does Glenn posit the question from the perspective that Dr. Weitz has made a wise choice and any response to it will be simply a "gut-wrenching" emotional laundry list?  Are responses which deal with the situation for, "the poor kids, the poor teachers, the poor administration" by definition emotional, and therefore illegitimate?   Additionally, to assume that one who initiates a lawsuit is wise or doing it only to determine its validity, is to neglect other likely motives.

"What has the district to worry about if they believe the claim has no merit?"  I would put it to you in another way.  Even though the district believes the claim has no merit, the wise course is to assume it may not be settled in a timely manner, therefore even those who support the district would want them to act prudently.   If you were their attorney, is that not what you would advise?

Sue