[Vision2020] It's not "cyberstalking" unless you harass someone,

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Tue May 8 06:56:30 PDT 2007

All right Wayne, last time up with this as I'm sure folks have got to be getting mighty weary of this mostly irrelevant topic. I know I am. Well here we go, one at a time and in order.

1. Any time anybody writes a sentence they choose words which may have differing definitions but settle on one for the purpose of trying to make a point or simply communicating an idea. Doing so does not preclude all other possible uses or meaning of that same word.

2." Force my will on others?" I couldn't force my will on my wife, my children, my pets, or my houseplants. If you can provide even one example of this stupid contention I'll be amazed as I have gone through life convinced my "will" was as ineffectual as my virtue. The surest test in this particular instance would be to check in with the person I was writing the sentence in question to. Did Ms. Lund think that I was "forcing" my will upon her? I suspect not, and that she would find the notion that I might would be laughable in the extreme.

3. Your favorite obsession, Douglas Wilson. Sorry, I refuse to indulge you in this one. Suffice it to say that I really think, unequivocally, that your passion for all things Doug is beyond odd. If you'd like to crow about my response to this question, knock yourself out. I don't believe in encouraging these sorts of behaviors.

4. The race. You propose a contest that you know could never occur as some sort of test of....what? Look at this one from my perspective. If, by a miracle granted to you by God Almighty, you were to win I'd find myself tired, sweaty, mildly chagrined and in Canada. If I win, I've beaten a geezer in a silly foot race. Sounds like a lose-lose situation to me. Lord knows I'm not the fastest turnip on the truck but I didn't fall off it yesterday.

I'd like to say it's been a pleasure, but...