[Vision2020] Weitz is a 'civic terrorist'

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:20:44 PDT 2007

Speaking of terms . . .  psychoceramic?  I realized it is USED by any
number of people; in fact there is a psychoceramic web site dedicated
to making sure crackpot ideas get their 15 minutes of fame - but does
that make it a term to use when one is attempting to make a valid and
persuasive argument?  More to the point, I'm not convinced Dr Weitz is
trying to destroy nor bankrupt anything, but simply to ensure a public
entity is held accountable to the laws and regulations as is anyone
else.  Sort of what a lawsuit is designed to do:  "Hey!  You're
cheating and being a real meanie!  Stop it!"   "No, I shall not."
"OK, then let's have the legal system decide who is right - I'll sue."

Unfortunately, although there is probably some merit to it, the phrase
"I'll sue" has a rather bad connotation, but nonetheless is the proper
outlet for deciding the legalities of a disagreement.  Or perhaps we'd
rather see Lois and Jerry at 50 paces with duelling sabers - they can
just wave them about and spew forth uncivilities (we really don't want
bloodshed here - I don't think.  And besides, death, injury, or meyhem
with a weapon involved would require the MPD to investigate and locate
said weapon for evidence . . .)

So, I vote for let's just see where the whole thing leads, and what
the fearless leaders for MSD
have to say and are willing to do to defend their position.  Let's
make sure they play by the rules - regardless of how "right" a
particular decision or act may be, if one lies, cheats, steals, or
handwaves to get there, is that decision really "right"?

Schwaller

"You can always see it coming but you can never stop it"
     Michael Timmins