[Vision2020] Weitz is a 'civic terrorist'

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Mon May 7 15:37:04 PDT 2007

The following appears as a Letter to the Editor in today's (5/7/2007) Daily
News, courtesy of Lois Blackburn.  Many thanks, Lois!

"LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Monday, May 7, 2007 - Page Updated at 12:00:00 AM

Weitz is a 'civic terrorist'

Until now, I believed Gerald Weitz to be a supporter of Moscow schools.
Although he occasionally seemed obsessive and misguided, I thought that his
concerns and his heart were both in the right place.

Today's Daily News report (May 4) of his current project, a suit to declare
invalid the recent school levy election and some previous ones, clearly
revealed my mistake. Weitz has revealed himself to be a civic terrorist. He
would bankrupt the Moscow School District in order to emphasize his personal
views about how schools should be run. This behavior is, in my opinion,
destructive, narcissistic megalomania.

I would like to dismiss his current project as psychoceramic nonsense.
However, if by some profoundly unjust legal wrinkle he could succeed, the
results are too tragic to contemplate. I don't know what I can do about
this. I am, however, looking for another dentist, and advising my many
friends who are horrified by this suit to take their dental business
elsewhere.

Lois Blackburn, Moscow"