[Vision2020] So You Think Houses are Expensive in Moscow?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 14:50:54 PDT 2007

Tim,

  Your right, I got my math definitions incorrect, I used the mean of the range of incomes listed, not the mode.

  Best,

  Donovan

TIM RIGSBY <tim.rigsby at hotmail.com> wrote:
      P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    "Look at the average (mode) income (not medium) [median] and adjust for 8 years of inflation, you will find an average income (mode) of about $65,000-$70,000 per household." -DJA

Not a math guy but I know that mode does not = average.  Mode means that something appears most often.  For example, if we have a number line consisting of 1,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 the mode would be 3, the median would be 3 and the mean would be approx 4.28

Tim

" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson