[Vision2020] our Congressional delegation at work

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Sat May 5 07:51:45 PDT 2007

RE EPA telling the state they could issue field burning permits in
the face of the federal court ruling saying it was illegal to burn in
Idaho:

"In an April 26 letter obtained by The Associated Press and signed by
Sens. Larry Craig and Mike Crapo, and Reps. Mike Simpson and Bill
Sali, all R-Idaho, the delegation pressured the EPA to tell Idaho it
could resume issuing burning permits despite the 9th Circuit ruling.

"We now request your assistance once again to ensure the state of
Idaho can move forward in issuing burning permits this year," the
lawmakers wrote to EPA Administrator Steve Johnson in Washington,
D.C. "Written guidance indicating the state is within its right to
issue the permits would be extremely helpful at this critical time."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/ID_FIELD_BURNING_IDOL-?SITE=IDMOS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

The EPA issued its letter the next day. Breathe deep everyone, our
delegation is looking out for all of our interests.

Mark