[Vision2020] [Spam] The President Signs Landmark AnimalFightingLegislation!!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 4 13:19:06 PDT 2007

I am certain that there is a movement in Arizona to criminalize
cockfighting.

My primary concern, as has been brought up various times by Rep. Tom Trail,
is Idaho's lack of concern for dogs that are trained to fight to the death
here in Idaho for the sake of money.  Their diet (I have read and have been
told) consists of food heavily laced with gun powder (which slowly and
permanently destroys the dog's brain).  Once these dogs are deemed no longer
effective, they are normally turned loose (usually with broken limbs and
bleeding) in the wilds of Idaho.

Currently, raising dogs for these fights amounts to nothing more than a
misdemeanor.

Such punishment MUST be hardened.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)