[Vision2020] Questions for you legal eagles

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:06:10 PDT 2007

Well like most legal issues, the answer is "It depends".  Strictly speaking,
if (s)he resides in Idaho, (s)he registers in Idaho; residence in Washington
requires registration in Washington.  It depends on what Probation and
Parole have to say about where this person can live, work, and visit.
Depending on the nature of the crime and the person involved, (s)he may not
be able to leave the jurisdiction, period.  I know of a case in which the
offender owns property in rural Latah county, but may not be able to live on
that property because it is outside of the city limits.  Other cases may
allow the offender live in Moscow, but work in Pullman, requiring a travel
permit to go outside of the state.  This would most likely require them to
call their probation officer when they leave the state and when they
return.  They may be given very strict limits on where they can go, or time
limits on how long they can spend going from home to the workplace.
Attending church, or going shopping will likely require having an approved
chaperone accompany them if they are going to be in places that may be "at
risk" (lots of definitions on what that means - questions?  Just ask).

A specific case in point got yer curiousity aroused?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/attachments/20070503/07306b28/attachment.html 

More information about the Vision2020 mailing list