[Vision2020] Archies on the Square

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Mon Mar 26 14:44:02 PDT 2007

I read this under the heading: Archies on the Square:

The gentleman said
"your friend was the one who was rude, for all I know he was drunk!"
Tom said he was not drunk, he has a disability, the owner said "then
he should wear a damn sign around his neck to identify himself." Tom
then told him he had no choice but to write a letter to the editor
about the way he treats people with disabilities and he told Tom "I
DON'T
GIVE A SHIT, WRITE TWO!" then hung up on Tom.

RALPH
He doesn't sound like a gentleman to me.

According to The American Heritage Dictionary, a gentleman is "a well-
mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior."
What's wrong with the word "man?"