[Vision2020] Origin of the Bible

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Thu Mar 22 11:20:02 PDT 2007

 From the Skeptic's Dictionary Newsletter 76.

Story too long to copy here, but it ends thus:

What, you may wonder, is so important about how long a female wasp
spider copulates? The longer the copulation time, the greater the
chance of fertilization of her eggs.

For some reason, this story reminds me of a line a student wrote in a
paper for my philosophy of religion class some thirty years ago. I
remember it as if it were yesterday. "The Bible," he wrote, "is not a
single book. It is the copulation of many books."