[Vision2020] Gambinos

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Mar 14 07:21:25 PDT 2007

My sentiments exactly.

With, of course, a side of Gambino's garlic bread to accompany my
linguine-with-Italian-sausage . . .

keely

From: "Saundra Lund" <sslund at roadrunner.com>
To: "'Ellen Roskovich'" <gussie443 at hotmail.com>, <jeanc38 at gmail.com>,
<vision2020 at moscow.com>
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Gambinos
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:27:38 -0700

Hi Ellen,

I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing the article!

You are absolutely correct:  27 years of wearing the apron and running a
successful mom & pop restaurant is an excellent track record  :-)  My
daughter, however, would disagree that it was time for you to hang up you
apron  :-)  She (as well as we and the other kids & their parents)
thoroughly enjoyed having more than a couple of her birthday parties at
Gambino's, and the last year or two before you sold, she had become addicted
to your calzones.  We've since tried all others that are available locally,
and she's yet to find something that doesn't elicit, "Boy, I sure miss
Gambino's!"

I, of course, have my own fond memories of Gambino's that predate The Child
Years  :-)  Although I didn't realize that you kept things going for so long
after Pops' diagnosis -- that is a real testament to the devotion you two
had to the restaurant and your customers!

You wrote:
" It was a good run."

No, it was an ***excellent*** run  :*-)

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****