[Vision2020] Words Bring Pause

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:49:35 PDT 2007

If you live in this country it is as much your country as it is my
country, whether you are here legally or illegally, whether you speak
English, German, Spanish, Polish, or Esperanto.  I hate the "What
would Jesus Do?" mantra, but I do feel it is relevant in this
conversation, as several of the participants are Christians.

What would Jesus do?  Do you honestly believe that he would argue for
discrimination against the meek and the poor because it inconvenienced
the overfed and the privileged?  He would be ashamed at your
pettiness.  Members of the top 1% of the world's prosperous, whining
like children because it takes 30 seconds longer at the 7-11 to buy
your donuts and 32-oz Mountain Dew.

It makes sense to become at least functionally familiar with the
language which dominates in the area in which you live, agreed.  That
means that those English speakers who live in the areas of the U.S. in
which Spanish predominates should probably learn to speak Spanish.