[Vision2020] German Journalist Fined for Pope Water Theft Stunt

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Mar 12 18:10:59 PDT 2007

>From Yahoo News at:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070312/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_germany_pope;_ylt=A0WT
UceVnPVFnL8AkwvtiBIF

German journalist fined for Pope water theft stunt

A German journalist has been fined 100 euros (68 pounds) after he filmed
three artists stealing water from Pope Benedict's garden hose in Bavaria to
sell on Internet auction site EBay.

The three men, clad in overalls and wearing masks, broke into the garden of
the Pope's house in Pentling, a suburb of Regensburg, in August armed with
as many as 20 old lemonade bottles, the journalist's lawyer, Jan Bockemuehl,
told Reuters.

They were filmed in the act by freelance journalist Hubertus Wiendl, who was
caught when the caretaker noted down his car registration number, he said.
Wiendl denied any knowledge of the plan to enter the garden. The artists
have not been tracked down.

"They barely managed to fill one bottle before being challenged by
passers-by and driving off," Bockemuehl said.

He had wanted to call the Pope as a witness but this was denied by the
presiding judge.

"I was sure the Pope wouldn't have wanted my client to be punished," he
said.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"As more and more heathens 'choose' to not have children the number of Godly
souls will increase. If the number of Christian births out number the number
of Islamic births the battle will be over in 3 or 4 generations."

- Doug "No-Clue" Farris (March 10, 2007)