[Vision2020] (no subject)

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:20:36 PDT 2007

On 3/12/07, pkraut at moscow.com <pkraut at moscow.com> wrote:
> I am concerned about the long range affect of Sandy Burglar removing
> paperwork and changing history.

Sandy Berger removed copies of confidential paperwork, not
confidential paperwork. He was convicted of misdemeanor mishandling of
confidential materials, and sentenced to two years probation. It's a
sentence comparable to a 2nd DUI. Even the prosecutor in that case (US
Attorney Noel Hillman) said that there was no evidence that Burger had
removed any primary documents.

> But, I am also concerned about a system that allows an attorney to
> continue a case after he is fully aware that no crime was committed.
> These two stories need to be remembered for their
> historical precedent.

It is impossible to determine whether, in fact, there was a crime,
because justice was successfully obstructed. Libby clearly perjured
himself, and, as you might remember, perjury is, in fact, a crime.

-- ACS