[Vision2020] Words Bring Pause

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Mar 11 17:50:22 PDT 2007

Having taught English to scores and scores of Spanish-speaking immigrants, I
echo the importance of learning the language of the country in which you
live.  But it is in no way productive to give in to nativist cries for an
"official" language when the gulf between English speakers and non-English
speakers in this country illustrates the point far better than the Idaho
legislature could.

keely