[Vision2020] Fantasy vs. Reality

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Mar 10 16:26:36 PST 2007

Doug,

These are typical examples of Xians taking the words of the Bible out
of their context and using them wrongly. (I copied and pasted a
couple of examples below.) The Hebrew Bible is full of examples of
Yahweh God judging and punishing those who anger him.

But why does YHWH (the LORD) punish people before they die? Why is it
so dreadful to die without having sons to carry on the family name?
Why does YHWH God punish children for the sins of their fathers? You
should know the answer if you read the Bible.

Ralph

It was good of you to repost Pastor Wilson's Blog
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/Prayer_of_Imprecation_MaBlog_112406.pdf
I am sure that this will allow others to read it as well.

The part that
I respect the most out of the prayer is the part where it states "...
may his name and his line come to nothing." I take this to mean that
those who oppose the Living God will not have male children to carry on
the family name. And that this alleged choice of theirs is in reality a
judgement of God. I guess one can leave all of their inheritance to the
family pet!

lemeno, Doug!

Or does Doug Wilson favor a more violent type of imprecatory prayer as
mentioned by "News of Christ Cult" and reflected in Doug Wilson's
MaBlog:

"Let their children be orphaned, cut off without a father. Let their
wives
be widows, and we pray that their children would be desolate, having to
beg their bread in empty places."