[Vision2020] I sure hope we can see this soon

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 18:53:33 PST 2007

I think they will have a hard time proving that man is not causing
global warming.  We know that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas.  That
has been shown many times in laboratories.  They would have to prove
that we are taking more carbon dioxide out of the air than we are
putting into it in or having some other cooling effect to cancel it out
in order for us not to be contributing to the problem.  I can't see them
getting very far with that.

Maybe they are going to argue that the earth is not on a warming trend?
Lots of independent data to back up the warming trend, but if they have
run the numbers than lets see them.

The question I ponder is: how large is our contribution to this
problem?  Insignificant?  Moderately bad?  Catastrophic?

It's basically academic anyway.  We need to stop pumping so much carbon
into the atmosphere for lots of other great reasons anyway.  Like not
being tied to problems in the Middle East, not destroying our economy
when the oil runs out, and reducing pollution.

Paul