[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show (March 4, 2007)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 4 16:40:38 PST 2007

Greetings Visionaires -

Today's Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show more than made up for its
absence two weeks ago, discussing such impacting issues that included, but
were not limited to:

- The Palouse Peace Coalition's March 17th protest of US involvement in the
Iraq civil war.  Those interested in volunteering to assist in this protest
should contact Valerie Perrine.

- Doug Wilson's unreasonable attack on the Muslim religion from his website.

- New Saint Andrews College and its claim by Bob Hieronymous that parking
requirements, as required by the Moscow City Council, have been meet.

In addition to these controversial topics, Auntie suggested, and will
hopefully continue to promote, creation of a local annual progressive
literary festival.

Not to be outdone, Bro C has established "New St. Carl's College", complete
with its own mascot, the Intolerista.  Vacancies will be announced.
Applications may be obtained by contacting Brother Carl.  Help support New
St. Carl's College, where family values are promoted almost as often as
family members.

As always, a special thanks to Auntie for her continued tribute to those
service members who lost their lives in support of combat operations in
Iraq.

In case you were unable to tune in to today's show, you may download and
listen to it from:

http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com

This week's song dedication goes out to Bill London and Jim Prall who have
expressed with public display a common sentiment shared by a vast majority
of the American people toward the Bush administration's unjust and fatal war
of choice in Iraq.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/No_War.jpg

As the smoke, mirrors, and lies slowly dissipate from the White House's oval
office, the voices of the American people, as represented by Bill London's
and Jim Prall's display, loudly proclaim . . .

"We're Not Gonna Take It"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Were_Not_Gonna_Take_It.mp3

"We're not gonna take it- no we aint gonna take it!
We're not gonna take it ---anymore.

We've got the right to choose and
there aint no way we're losin
This is our life-
this is our song.
We'll fight the powers that be just
don't pick our destiny cuz-
You dont know us, you don't belong.

o-o-o  o-o-o we're right
[yeah]
we're free
[yeah]
we'll fight
[yeah]
you'll see
[yeah]

We're not gonna take it- no we aint gonna take it!
We're not gonna take it ---anymore.

We're not gonna take it- no we aint gonna take it!
We're not gonna take it ---anymore.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

"If Don Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney had spent as much time plotting the
toppling of Saddam Hussein as they did the toppling of Colin Powell, Iraq
today would be Switzerland."

- Thomas L. Friedman