[Vision2020] Mardi-Gras

Steven Basoa sbasoa at moscow.com
Thu Mar 1 10:48:43 PST 2007

If I remember correctly, Cope Gale Jr came up with the original idea
for a Moscow Mardi Gras celebration.  I think it started as a
celebration at his store in the heart of downtown (Ward Paint and
Hardware).  It was intended to help bring customers to his shop and
to shake off the winter blahs (remember when februarys in Moscow were
frigid times?).  It started small and escalated quickly to a town-
wide festival.  And the rest, as they say, is history...

SB

-----