[Vision2020] U of I Sandpoint campus-from this morning'sSpokesman

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:18:59 PDT 2007

I have no expertise to venture a guess about how a UI campus in Sandpoint
will effect enrollment in Moscow, but as far as university numbers games go,
BSU's enrollment will see a significant dip when the community college opens
in the Treasure Valley.  ISU's enrollment numbers are down something like
9%.  Through sheer population advantage, I would presume that Boise State
will continue to be the largest public university in the state, but the
overall numbers game winner will probably be BYU-Idaho.  I have to see this
Sandpoint move as being a good thing for the University of Idaho as a whole.
  But then again, it's entirely possible, if not probable, that I have no
idea what I'm talking about.    Carl Westberg Jr.