[Vision2020] Supercenter is good for community - Response

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:56:28 PDT 2007

In a letter to the editor from a student studying finance and economics, Chris Youderian wrote in part, "Crusaders against Wal-Mart like to
portray themselves as advocates for the poor. Nothing could be further
from the truth. Low-income workers and zero-income college students
would benefit most from the downward price pressure that would follow a
new supercenter."That is right, "zero-income college students."  If that is the case, get a freaking job.  It is not hard; show up, stay off drugs, work hard, and survive.  I did it, many of my friends did it, heck probably half of the student population does it.  Get a job and turn your zero income attitude into a contributing member of society position.  Quit sucking off of mom and dad and support yourself for a change.Tim " 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson