[Vision2020] Poster Biographies --

thansen at moscow.com thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 27 13:07:10 PDT 2007

Tom Hansen

Born in North Hollywood, California on May 12, 1951.

Attended Carson High School (LA) and Chatsworth High School (Class of '69)

Entered the US Army On June 14, 1969.  Retired from the Army on July 15,
1989, having served tours in:

Fort Ord, California (Basic and AIT)
Phu Bai, RVN
Merrell Barracks (Nurnberg, Germany)
Fort Dix, New Jersey
Camp Humphreys (An Jong Ri, ROK)
Presidio of San Francisco, California
Kelley Barracks (Stuttgart, Germany)
National Training Center (Fort Irwin, California)
Harvey Barracks (Kitzingen, Germany)
Balboa Naval Hospital (Out-Patient)
Fort Ord, California (Separation, Medical Board processing and RETIREMENT)

Moved to Pinehurst, Idaho and attended North Idao College (graduating in
May 1992, AS in Computer Science)

Transferred to University of Idaho in August of 1992, graduating in May
1996 (BS in Information Systems)

That's right (an AS in CS followed by a BS in IS) . . . M - O - U - S - E.

Worked as secretary at NROTC, University of Idaho.  Gary Hagan (of Christ
Church fame) will verify this, as he was the unit's executivce officer at
the time.

Woke up and realized that I was surrounded by squids and Gomers at work,
and proceeded to get a real job at Facilities.

Saturday, people.

Tom Hansen
(who will probably spnd most of Satrurday on the Burbank Airport's
tarmack)

> Andreas,I think this is a great post even though it will probably get
hi-ja> cked from you for something completely irrelevant.  Anyway, I will
start
it>  off and wait to hear from the rest.My name is Tim Rigsby.  I am a 25
year
> old University of Idaho graduate.  While in Moscow, from 2000 to 2005, I
st> udied Physical Education and School & Community Education in the
Department>  of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.  I had
a couple of
j> obs while in Moscow the first being for the UI Athletic Training room
as a
> Student Athletic Trainer.  That only lasted a semester.  Then I went on
> work for Northwest River Supply in the warehouse.  Finally, from 2001 to
20> 05, I worked in various positions for Moscow-Pullman Building
Supply.  I
me> t a lot of great people in Moscow while working and going to school
and
sti> ll maintain some close friendships with a variety of people.
Currently I
a> m employed by the Boise School District as a Secondary teacher.  I
currentl> y teach 10th grade Physical Education, 9th grade Physical
Education, and
11> /12th grade Health Education.  (I will save Dale the work, I made
about
$34> k this school year, including coaching.)  I coach football and
wrestling
an> d spend countless hours supporting Boise High School athletics.  In
the
spr> ing time I enjoy helping out with Track and Field events including
the
Bois> e High Relays, the Boise City Meet, the District III SIC meet, and
the
Stat> e Track Meet.  During the summer I teach 8th graders at the Treasure
Valley>  Math and Science Center in Physical Education and Health
Education (Attn:
> Dale, this is also part of my $34k per year salary.)  In my spare time I
en> joy volunteering with local youth sports programs and I enjoy spending
time>  with photography.  On occasion I attend protests and rallies for
things I
> support or disagree with, like today's Alberto Gonzalez protest, sorry,
no
> pictures from me.  Recently I purchased my first home on a street with a
Mo> scow like name, kind of makes me feel like I am back in the Scow.Is
that
wh> at you had in mind Andreas?Tim RigsbyFormer, and hopefully returning,
Musco> vite" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That
is one
of>  the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard
way.
An> ybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never
been
Dr> afted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the
other
s> ide of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for
trespassing on
> public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political
reasons
> -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone
acc> ess and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower.
That is
wh> en it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is
when
yo> u will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson> Date: Tue, 26 Jun
2007
16> :50:35 -0700> From: ophite at gmail.com> To: vision2020 at moscow.com>
Subject:
[> Vision2020] Poster Biographies --> > I know what a lot of you do --
philoso> phy professors, downtown> business owners, electricians,
teachers -- but
no> t everyone, and not> exactly what. So, out of possibly misplaced
curiosity,>  I was thinking> of starting a thread for people to tell the
Viz  who they
> are and> what, exactly, it is that they do.> > I was also hoping to go
ten
> minutes without a flame war. Don't know> that that's going to happen.> >
-->  ACS> >
services made available by First Step
Inter> net, >  serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.

>    http://www.fsr.net                       >
mailto:Vision2020 at m> oscow.com>