[Vision2020] Poster Biographies --

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 17:26:10 PDT 2007

Andreas,I think this is a great post even though it will probably get hi-jacked from you for something completely irrelevant.  Anyway, I will start it off and wait to hear from the rest.My name is Tim Rigsby.  I am a 25 year old University of Idaho graduate.  While in Moscow, from 2000 to 2005, I studied Physical Education and School & Community Education in the Department of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.  I had a couple of jobs while in Moscow the first being for the UI Athletic Training room as a Student Athletic Trainer.  That only lasted a semester.  Then I went on to work for Northwest River Supply in the warehouse.  Finally, from 2001 to 2005, I worked in various positions for Moscow-Pullman Building Supply.  I met a lot of great people in Moscow while working and going to school and still maintain some close friendships with a variety of people.  Currently I am employed by the Boise School District as a Secondary teacher.  I currently teach 10th grade Physical Education, 9th grade Physical Education, and 11/12th grade Health Education.  (I will save Dale the work, I made about $34k this school year, including coaching.)  I coach football and wrestling and spend countless hours supporting Boise High School athletics.  In the spring time I enjoy helping out with Track and Field events including the Boise High Relays, the Boise City Meet, the District III SIC meet, and the State Track Meet.  During the summer I teach 8th graders at the Treasure Valley Math and Science Center in Physical Education and Health Education (Attn: Dale, this is also part of my $34k per year salary.)  In my spare time I enjoy volunteering with local youth sports programs and I enjoy spending time with photography.  On occasion I attend protests and rallies for things I support or disagree with, like today's Alberto Gonzalez protest, sorry, no pictures from me.  Recently I purchased my first home on a street with a Moscow like name, kind of makes me feel like I am back in the Scow.Is that what you had in mind Andreas?Tim RigsbyFormer, and hopefully returning, Muscovite" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:50:35 -0700> From: ophite at gmail.com> To: vision2020 at moscow.com> Subject: [Vision2020] Poster Biographies --> > I know what a lot of you do -- philosophy professors, downtown> business owners, electricians, teachers -- but not everyone, and not> exactly what. So, out of possibly misplaced curiosity, I was thinking> of starting a thread for people to tell the Viz  who they are and> what, exactly, it is that they do.> > I was also hoping to go ten minutes without a flame war. Don't know> that that's going to happen.> > -- ACS> > =======================================================>  List services made available by First Step Internet, >  serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.   >                http://www.fsr.net                       >           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com> =======================================================