[Vision2020] Avoiding Frankenfoods? Shop in Moscow.

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Mon Jun 25 11:47:30 PDT 2007

Roger,

It's not that simple. Here's a link to the last issue of High Country
News and their article on Roundup Ready alfalfa. Story is based in
Nampa. In a nutshell, making crops Roundup tolerant by genetic
engineering is creating Roundup tolerant weeds as they adapt to the
new Roundup-rich environment and threatening an entire crop whether
you are using Monsanto seeds or not.

http://www.hcn.org/servlets/hcn.Article?article_id=17054

Evolution is a multi-faceted process with species adapting to how
other species interact with them. No species exists in an
evolutionary isolation bubble.

Mark