[Vision2020] Maki Keeping Salary???

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Sun Jun 24 12:47:53 PDT 2007

Visionaires:

I know we've got some folks here who far better understand the
administrative workings of the UI than I do.  I've been following the
CAMBR/Maki debacle, and I'm very confused by the following:

"The university says Gary Maki was removed Friday as director of the
university's Center for Advanced Microelectronics and Biomolecular Research.
Maki will retain his $183,000 annual salary and remain a part of the
center's staff."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19390646/

I just don't get it:  if the evidence of his gross misconduct & unethical
behavior is sufficient for the UI to remove him as CAMBR director, then why
does he get to keep *any* position at CAMBR, and why on earth does he get to
keep his hefty salary for filling a lesser position?

I would appreciate it if anyone can shed any honest light on this -- it is
just mind-boggling to me, and I think it makes the UI look really bad.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2007 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****