[Vision2020] Separating the Princess from the Schwaller: Not yet

Taro Tanaka taro_tanaka at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 05:53:21 PDT 2007

Ternier Hedenkoff wrote:

[[ can you please show me where in the
Book of Revelation that “Jesus says twice in this book
that He HATES the Nicolaitans.” ]]

Actually, Jesus' exact words are that He hates the DEEDS and DOCTRINES of the Nicolaitans, which is certainly not the same thing as saying that He hates the Nicolaitans. However, we can safely say that unless the Nicolaitans repent of their deeds and doctrines, they are most assuredly hated by God, even as they suffer torment in Hell while waiting for the final judgment at the end of history when they shall be cast into the Lake of Fire for all eternity. One of the things that will be burned up in the Lake of Fire is the absurd notion that God hates only sins but never hates the sinners who cling to those sins out of their hatred toward Him.

First of all, the Bible says God will "render to every man according to his deeds" (Rom 2:6, quoting Psalm 62:12).  Second, from the context, the Nicolaitans are clearly Christians who have apostasized or who are in the process of apostasizing. Third, the Bible clearly states that God hates certain people; some of these are named individuals and some are unnamed persons who happen to fall into certain categories of people that God says He hates. Fourth, we will fail to understand God's hatred properly if we assume His hatred is essentially no different from our hatreds. We know our own frailties and it is all too clear that the hatreds engaged in by men are encumbered by sinfulness; however, it is crucial to recognize that God is never unrighteous in any respect, including in the hatred He harbors toward certain things and certain individuals.

I hope this helps!

Sayonara