[Vision2020] Happy Schwallers Day

Dougs Hero bherodotus at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 09:30:05 PDT 2007

Dear Dr. Campbell and fellow Visionaries,

I am afraid that Mr. Schwaller cannot accept your
invitation to meet for coffee today, as he has a
preexisting date to speak at the annual ACCS
conference, which is a yearly gathering of so-called
educators who couldn’t follow an argument if you
marked it with bread crumbs. However, in lieu of his
company I shall provide you with the conclusion to
yesterday’s tragic story of the Greyfriar who learned
his lessons well and the Pastor who taught him how to
finish the job, because it did not end when Pastor
Douglas Wilson threatened the victim’s father with
discipline. There remains yet one more chapter.

Happily, the father of the victim successfully removed
himself from Pastor Wilson’s predatory threats and he
lived to talk about it. Indeed, he spoke to the SPLC’s
Intelligence Report, which reported,

“The father of the girl in the second incident told
the Intelligence Report that church officials tried to
keep that quiet as well. At one point, he said, they
threatened to bring him under church discipline for
failing to protect his daughter. “It would be like me
getting robbed and the police coming over and
arresting me because I didn’t have five locks on the
door, only one,” he said. “It was just bizarre.””
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=665

This paragraph is fair enough. A father analogizes the
pastoral abuse he suffered at the hands of Douglas
Wilson and concluded it “just bizarre.” But if
anything’s true about Pastor Wilson, he has to have
the last word. Consequently, he lashed out at the
father when he saw the article, writing,

“Let’s just say that I have never seen quite so
striking an example of a father neglecting his
daughter. But this is not one that you have to take my
word for. Just look at the previous paragraph. This is
a father who was willing to talk to Intelligence
Report about this particular incident because he
doesn’t believe his daughter has been through enough.
And the ghouls at SPLC were willing to print it.”
http://dougwils.com/index.asp?Action=Anchor&CategoryID=1&BlogID=3002

After you’ve picked up your jaw, please track Pastor
Wilson’s argument. First, with typical Wilsonnuedno he
implied that the Greyfriar sexually assaulted the
child because of the father’s negligence. Stay with
it; this is not a gratuitous whack at the father.
Pastor Wilson really believes this and, quite frankly,
everyone knows it’s the father’s fault when the
student molests the child after the pastor vouches for
him. Remember, if you can’t trust your pastor, who can
you trust?

Second, Pastor Wilson conceded that the victim had
“been through enough,” though he implied it was at her
father’s hands, not the molester’s. And third, Pastor
Wilson proved his point by affirming that when the
father spoke to the media, he aggravated his child’s
ordeal. Unfortunately, Wilson failed to state how
speaking to the media about Wilson’s pastoral abuse
exasperated the child’s suffering. Nevertheless,
Pastor Wilson’s point stands: if you discuss the
incident in the media, no matter what context, you
compound the victim’s pain.

Fair enough. Let’s say the Greyfriar sexually
assaulted the child because of the father’s neglect,
and let’s say that the father worsened the child’s
torment by talking to the media. In fact, let’s go all
the way. Let’s impute ALL blame and guilt for this
incident to the father: HE DID IT ALL. But let’s not
forget to grant Pastor Wilson’s point either: anyone
who brings publicity to this incident adds to the
child’s suffering and establishes their own guilt.
This crime is so reprehensible that the ghoul who
commits it stands self-condemned by their action.

If this true, then why would Pastor Wilson blog it?

On that note, I want to wish Pastor Wilson a happy
Schwaller’s day!

Dougs’ Hero