[Vision2020] A Sabbath Meditation for Mr. Schwaller

Dougs Hero bherodotus at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 09:20:07 PDT 2007

Dear Mr. Schwaller,

For today’s Sabbath meditation, allow me to call to
your attention an important historical fact regarding
“God’s hand of judgment” that you may not know. You
will recall that Pastor Douglas Wilson documented in
his book Fidelity that “rape is God’s judgment on a
culture,” and that he distinguished between rape
“perpetrated by foreign soldiers” and rape that
resulted from “citizens turning on one another.”

This is an important distinction for you to reflect
upon because in the years 2003–2005, TWO rapists, not
one, visited Christ Church, and both men were citizens
of the Kirk who turned on their own. This historical
fact becomes even more interesting when you note that
Pastor Wilson hand chose one of the rapists to join
the Greyfriars program, so that he could prepare him
for the ministry.

However, my point in calling this to your attention is
not to comment on this student’s remarkable learning
prowess; rather, my point is to note his teacher’s
extraordinary ability to reinforce his instruction.
You see, before the court convicted this Greyfriar of
SEXUAL ABUSE OF A CHILD, Pastor Wilson put a
full-court press on the father of the victim to NOT
prosecute the perpetrator. Unfortunately, Pastor
Wilson never explained why he didn’t want the
Greyfriar prosecuted. One theory is that he wanted to
avoid the negative publicity attached to two
back-to-back Christ Church sex-offender cases in one
summer; the other theory is that Pastor Wilson enjoys
keeping child rapists near the flock.

Whatever his motive, Pastor Wilson squeezed the father
of the victim to lay off the Greyfriar. In fact, he
squeezed him so tight that he actually threatened him
with church discipline. No, that’s not a typo; read it
again. Pastor Wilson threatened the father of one of
the victims with church discipline because the man
contemplated prosecuting the Greyfriar to the hilt,
which could have resulted in a life sentence.

Can you imagine that, Mr. Schwaller? A Kirk family
learned that one of Pastor Wilson’s hand-chosen
disciples sexually abused their child, and Pastor
Wilson responded by protecting the molester AND
seeking to punish the victim’s father. This point
becomes even more shocking when you remember that one
of the primary responsibilities of a shepherd, if not
THE primary responsibility, is to PROTECT THE FLOCK.
In this case, however, Pastor Wilson was more
concerned with protecting the predator than the sheep.

Dr. Jay Adams coined an axiom that I think applies to
Pastor Wilson, which I will paraphrase: “whenever a
church refuses to discipline its sin, it will
discipline the righteous by default.” This is exactly
the case at Christ Church. The shepherds have welcomed
predators into the flock and simultaneously punished
the sheep, which brings us back to my original point.

If this Greyfriar had any doubts about the propriety
of his wicked behavior, Pastor Wilson went out of his
way to remove them. Indeed, he rewarded the guilty and
chastised the innocent to underscore all of his
student’s previous lessons, as a good instructor
should. Better yet, he taught him how to finish the
job. Accordingly, by Pastor Wilson’s standards, it’s
not enough to defile an innocent child; an
accomplished predator understands the importance of
finishing off the father.

But I suppose if there’s any consolation here for the
poor lost souls of the Kirk, they can meditate upon
this, If you can’t trust your pastor, who can you
trust?

Dougs’ Hero