[Vision2020] construction maze in Moscow every June

Philip Cook pcook818 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:05:49 PDT 2007

Paul,

Your premise is false. The reasons more road construction begins in
June is that the weather is more likely to be warm and dry, and
traffic levels are lower because students are gone. (Usually the City
and ITD get criticized for starting projects too late in the
year---August---just as the students are returning.)

Most streets in town are owned by the City. The City's fiscal year
runs October-October so any connection between fiscal years and
City-funded street reconstruction is coincidental. The University's
and state (e.g., ITD) fiscal years do run July to July, but
construction projects are usually planned and bid several months in
advance.

I'm not sure what all projects are on the plate for this summer, but
I'll ask for a rundown this afternoon at Transportation Commission and
report back

Philip