[Vision2020] Study says Death Penalty IS a Deterent

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jun 12 07:17:39 PDT 2007

Arnold stated:

"Joe, if you keep shooting rabbits that try to eat your carrots you will
soon have a population of rabbits that don't eat your carrots, either by
eventually shooting them all, or only leaving a population of rabbits that
don't desire your carrots or have the restraint not to eat your carrots."

This concept holds true only if all the rabbits shot did, in fact, eat
carrots and that there is evidence that some of the living rabbits have
changed their "diet" as a result of carrot-eating rabbits having been shot.

"Eventually shooting them all" suggests genocide.  That option, apparently
is only available upon rabbits living in Darfur.  But that's another subject
for another day.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)

  _____

"If you have rabbits eating your carrots and I tell you that I have a
way of deterring the rabbits you'd be surprised were I to offer the
solution of shooting them. This might solve the problem (issue 1) but it
doesn't solve the problem by deterring the rabbits from eating your
carrots (issue 2). That's my point."

Joe, if you keep shooting rabbits that try to eat your carrots you will soon
have a population of rabbits that don't eat your carrots, either by
eventually shooting them all, or only leaving a population of rabbits that
don't desire your carrots or have the restraint not to eat your carrots.

The Death Penalty produces the same results in your human population. By
shooting everyone that commits murder, you will seriously reduce the number
of people in your population that commit murder by creating a population
that either has no desire to murder or has the self restraint not to
murder.--Which is a desired result.

Best,

Donovan