[Vision2020] What Do Teachers Really Make?

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:16:18 PDT 2007

Despite the tenor of your reply, it was a valid question to ask.  And
unemployment compensation for summer months is certainly NOT out of the
realm of possibility, since AFT is encouraging state affiliates to contact
PSRP for legislative campaign strategies and sample legislation (from your
own attachment).

It also seems to be in the works for other AFT-represented districts:

In some cases (Head Start) workers' benefits are even better than their
counterparts in the public schools, and in some states they have access to
unemployment benefits in the summer.
http://www.aft.org/pubs-reports/psrp_reporter/issues/novdec05/feature.htm

Wayne Scott, Colorado classified school Employees Association executive
director . . .wants to be able not only to defeat the bad (legislation) but
also to push for positive changes, such as summer unemployment benefits for
PSRPs.
http://www.aft.org/pubs-reports/psrp_reporter/2003/winter/colorado.htm

Thanks to Shirley Ringo for informing me AFT probably does NOT represent any
Idaho districts.

Glenn