[Vision2020] Study says Death Penalty IS a Deterent

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 22:28:29 PDT 2007

Nick writes:

  "See for example the exchange in the "Economist's Voice" (April, 2004) at www.bepress.com/ev"

  Your rebuttal to the evidence of recent research is to look over data written in 2004? I think it interesting that an article written in 2004 can be a successful refuting of research done in 2007. If you have an actual link to the data refuting the study, please provide a link.

  I would also like to point out that while there is 176 years of past study about the death penalty not being a deterrent, there is about 1000 years of past study that the world is flat. So if time is the key, not accuracy of data and method, be careful you don't fall off the edge on your next cruise.

  Best,

  Donovan

nickgier at adelphia.net wrote:
  Greetings:

I've been following the debate on the new research showing a deterrent effect for the death penalty. For each of these articles there have been, I believe, successful rebuttals and rejoinders.

See for example the exchange in the "Economist's Voice" (April, 2004) at www.bepress.com/ev. It will take a goodly number of overwhelmingly convincing studies to overturn 176 years of research showing that the death penalty does not deter.

Nick Gier, low wattage radio commentator, Cabo Crier, and intellectual mutant