[Vision2020] Atheists Fight Back

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 17:33:58 PDT 2007

After reading the "article" posted by Mr Hansen, it seems to me it is
nothing more than sales hype.  I don't find anything of real substance in
it, other than a National Enquirer-esque "read all this and learn the
truth".  Not even a glimmer of something that hints at "here's what the
mainstream religious believe and here is why they are misled."  It cites a
few "examples" (Muslim jihadists) and leaps to the conclusions that "see -
religion kills."  It then does an abrupt about face and states "decades of
religious lobbying for conservative justices . . . upheld a national ban on
partial-birth abortion."

Sounds to me like "Religion Saves".  But then, protecting unborn children
from death simply because they happen to be an "inconvenience" is a pretty
extremist viewpoint.

If anything can be gleaned from this "article" it's "people are becoming
vocal in their dislike for ultra far-right-wing religions fanatics."  I'm
not sure there is anything new and earth-shattering about this - I suspect a
good majority of "religious" or "spiritual" people decry faith-based
extremism, or any kind of extremism, on both the right and the left.

I suspect I'll buy a copy of the book and see if I have improperly lumped it
into the category of "let me show you, you ignorant moron why believing all
this superstitious nonsense is so abhorrent to intelligent people" or if it
has some* *intriguing arguments.  I'm hoping for the latter.

BTW Mr Hansen - how did you come across this little gem of a review?  Been
trolling Google for everything "Doug Wilson Christ Church", throwing things
out on 2020 and seeing what  "sticks"?

Schwaller