[Vision2020] And Justice for All

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 9 07:56:11 PDT 2007

The song quoted below is COVERED by Johnny Cash but was originally recorded by Bill Landford & The Landfordaires (1943), as I mentioned the first time that Doug posted this quote.

The author is listed as "Traditional." The Landforaires version was called "Run On For a Long Time" but Cash's is entitled "God's Gonna Cut You Down." Cash's version is fine but the original version is sublime. Moby produced a version of the song called "Run On" containing all of the Landforaires' version and adding additional instruments. The original was, except for a few guitar strums in the beginning, entirely a cappella. Talk about a sin!

Among the people that God is going to cut down, according to the song, is the  "long tongue liar." I find this quote, as I do Doug's favorite -- "What's done in the dark will be brought to the light" -- interesting in the context of Schwaller.

--
Joe Campbell