[Vision2020] a sad night in moscow

cfabich at adelphia.net cfabich at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 6 10:49:15 PDT 2007

I am a 30 year moscow resident and am one of those residents that watch the
council meetings on tv, read these postings with interest and subscribe to
the local paper.  I am so outraged by what happened at the recent council
meeting I am coming forward to voice my opinion.  I feel Mr. Weber was
completely out of line with his comment.  Both Mr. Stout and Mr. Ament have
asked difficult questions of the city staff but I feel all the questions
have been necessay for them make informed decisions and to get the whole
picture.  They are at times almost apologetic in their attempts to get
accurate information.  Last week I heard Linda Pall say "excuse me for
asking but..." while making an inquiry.  Mr. Ament never called the city
staff inept, in fact he later stated his intention was not to disparage the
staff but to insist he get information in a timely manner.  Not an
outragouse request to me.  Mr. Weber brings very little to the table in
these meetings and is out of touch with the residents of Moscow.  It is
because of Mr. Ament and Mr. Stout that difficult questions get answers and
the residents feel they have a small voice in city matters.  Because of Mr.
Ament and Mr. Stout this council is less of a "good ol boys club" and more
progressive then the last one.  Many, many of my friends are hoping Mr.
Ament runs for mayor and we are the quiet ones that have never voiced our
opinions or been involved in local politics in any way.  But we do have a
vote and if he runs he will get our vote.  Mr. Weber should be ashamed for
not only his comment but his very poor performance since he was elected.

On a side note...  someone should tell the city staff member who cracks his
neck every few seconds that when he sits in front of the shiny wood wall it
reflects his laptop and we can all see him surfing the web... people do
watch these meetings.