[Vision2020] A Sad Night for Moscow

Craine Kit kcraine at verizon.net
Wed Jun 6 10:41:22 PDT 2007

I agree with Aaron Ament. The City Council is conducting the people's
business: making contracts, passing laws, and--most importantly--
spending our money. Just as a smart person takes time to read and
understand the fine print in a contract before signing it, I expect
our representatives to do no less when committing our community and
our dollars to something.

Furthermore, we--the people--have a right to participate in our
government. We should be able to review the same information the
Council will see so we can make informed comments.

Neither the Council nor the people can do their jobs well when
pertinent information is not available until just before a decision
is made. That has nothing to do with the competence of the staff and
everything to do with timing. When important information arrives too
late to fit into the packet, perhaps the matter should be tabled
until the next meeting.

Kit Craine