[Vision2020] pot-smoking granny

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Jun 5 16:22:20 PDT 2007

Yes, most old women out there suffer from myriad achy bones and joints.  And many of them wish for something more effective, less toxic to the liver, and less addictive than the NSAIDS and hydrocodone-like drugs that are prescribed them.  Now, if this woman -- or anyone else -- were lurking around schoolyards, luring kids into the world of Reefer Madness, I would be angry.  Again:  underage + illegal = bad thing to do.  But she wasn't.  She bought an ounce of pot to smoke in her own home and, whether for her occasional walk on the wild side or for pain relief, I can't imagine why law enforcement ought to be bothered.  Well, actually I can -- I do want laws enforced; it's just that I would prefer to have the illogical and unfounded ones done away with so that our law enforcement community can be freed up to focus on violent crime -- abuse of women and children, rape, robbery, homicide, assault, etc., plus the manufacture and trafficking of much more dangerous substances than marijuana.Again, this is not a pro-marijuana argument, unless for its medical use in pain control.  It's a common-sense argument that if considered on its merits would undoubtedly relieve us from the spectacle of sick old people being busted for possession of a baggie-full.keelyDate: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:01:14 -0700From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] pot-smoking grannyTo: kjajmix1 at msn.com; vision2020 at moscow.comI see two problems with this story;     My first problem is the notion that marijuana can be used as an excuse for pain killers when there is a continuum of other drugs out there that are safer, cheaper, and more effective. I think this is just an excuse 9 times out 10. What old women out there isn't suffering from a myriad of achy bones and joints? Yet not every old women is token.      My other problem is not the law enforcement officers that should enforce the law when they see it broken, but instead the prosecution that would put forth resources to investigate and try it. If our prosecution has time to investigate and try all these pot smokers, it should downsize the number of staff and the budget so that our community is not paying for it.       We need to make sure youth and certain adults in certain professions are not
 smoking or high at work. However, while I don't buy the excuse that pot is a sole medical cure for everything it is claimed to be, and I don't want it as accessible as beer and cigarettes, I don't want huge resources spent on imprisoning or prosecuting people unless they are huge dealers or growers.      Best,     Donovan  keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:      Did anyone catch the Spokesman-Reviews's story about the elderly woman charged with distribution of marijuana for buying an ounce and giving the dealer a pinch of it as thanks for his home delivery?  She has arthritis, a bad back, and myriad other physical complaints and smokes marijuana for pain
 control.  Now she's facing charges.It's hard for someone like me who believes that marijuana should be legalized to not start screaming at the stupidity involved in this, but I would think that even the more conservative among us would wonder if police should be spending any time on an old lady who tokes up for pain relief.  I want to be clear -- I don't smoke marijuana, and I don't want my sons to smoke it because it's illegal and unproductive, perhaps even dangerous, at their young ages.  I don't think that smoking anything is terribly healthy.  But if it were legalized, they were adults, and smoked it on occasion -- the way I enjoy an occasional margarita -- I would search for something else in the Bank Of Mom Worries to obsess over.   My cousin Danny is in prison on theft, assault, and possession charges; my cousin Wally smokes a joint a couple of times a week at home.  The government's apparent inability to see the difference
 results in an enormous waste of time and money and directs focus away from the truly criminal among us, and this article is just head-spinning in its absurdity.Is it just me?keely    Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Join Live Search Club! =======================================================List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com=======================================================
      Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.