[Vision2020] pot-smoking granny

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jun 5 12:19:10 PDT 2007

Arnold -

If you are personally aware of "drugs out there that are safer, cheaper, and
more effective," please advise the American Medical Association, ok?

Based on AMA research, available at:

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/13625.html

"The AMA calls for further adequate and well-controlled studies of marijuana
and related cannabinoids in patients who have serious conditions for which
preclinical, anecdotal, or controlled evidence suggests possible efficacy
and the application of such results to the understanding and treatment of
disease; (2) The AMA recommends that marijuana be retained in Schedule I of
the Controlled Substances Act pending the outcome of such studies. (3) The
AMA urges the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to implement
administrative procedures to facilitate grant applications and the conduct
of well-designed clinical research into the medical utility of marijuana.
This effort should include: a) disseminating specific information for
researchers on the development of safeguards for marijuana clinical research
protocols and the development of a model informed consent on marijuana for
institutional review board evaluation; b) sufficient funding to support such
clinical research and access for qualified investigators to adequate
supplies of marijuana for clinical research purposes; c) confirming that
marijuana of various and consistent strengths and/or placebo will be
supplied by the National Institute on Drug Abuse to investigators registered
with the Drug Enforcement Agency who are conducting bona fide clinical
research studies that receive Food and Drug Administration approval,
regardless of whether or not the NIH is the primary source of grant support.
(4) The AMA believes that the NIH should use its resources and influence to
support the development of a smoke-free inhaled delivery system for
marijuana or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to reduce the health hazards
associated with the combustion and inhalation of marijuana. (5) The AMA
believes that effective patient care requires the free and unfettered
exchange of information on treatment alternatives and that discussion of
these alternatives between physicians and patients should not subject either
party to criminal sanctions."

Please, Arnold.  Share your knowledge with those professionals in the
medical field.  They await your call.

"Anyone that buys something at Wal-Mart or Target expecting it to last
doesn't know how to spend money."

- Donovan Arnold (October 3, 2006)

  _____