[Vision2020] 4 charged in JFK airport plot

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Mon Jun 4 12:33:37 PDT 2007

Paul,

Just so you know that a crime was committed and that appropriate paper
work is in place you can read all about it here:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0604071google1.html

We now know that the planning boys were not Irish. The Irish wouldn't
have gotten caught!

Doug!

-------

Every time I see the words "never got past the planning stages" in
connection with this type of article, I cringe. For all we know, it was
a few guys drinking beers in a pub somewhere bitching about airport
security when one of them says to the group "It doesn't work, anyway.
Instead of trying to smuggle box-cutters onto airplanes in today's
security environment, I would..." ...and then goes on to explain some
clever way to cause havoc at JFK airport.

Will these people get a fair trial? Will they get a trial at all? Do
they have a one-way ticket to Gitmo? Do they get to enjoy
water-boarding (which we all know isn't torture)? Will they be let out
someday a decade from now after signing away their rights to take the
US
government to court?

Now, if these folks were purchasing supplies or infiltrating airlines
or
whatever, that would be a different story. There might even be evidence
that a crime has been committed.

Paul