[Vision2020] Jeb Bush Featured in Gay Marriage Ads

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 21:35:58 PDT 2007

I agree completely with that.  The state should be able to accept a
marriage between any two consenting adults as genuine.  Nobody is
talking about forcing church officials to perform wedding ceremonies for
unions they are uncomfortable with.  Priests or pastors would simply not
allow a same-sex marriage to be performed in their church, so the couple
would have to have it done at City Hall or Vegas or with some other
church that doesn't see it as wrong if they wish to continue.

That way, the state is not stepping on the church's desire to determine
what they call a marriage, and the church is not stepping on the state's
desire to allow other types of unions that other church's accept.  Seems
like a win on both sides to me.

Paul