[Vision2020] 4 charged in JFK airport plot

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 16:35:22 PDT 2007

Every time I see the words "never got past the planning stages" in
connection with this type of article, I cringe.  For all we know, it was
a few guys drinking beers in a pub somewhere bitching about airport
security when one of them says to the group "It doesn't work, anyway.
Instead of trying to smuggle box-cutters onto airplanes in today's
security environment, I would..."  ...and then goes on to explain some
clever way to cause havoc at JFK airport.

Will these people get a fair trial?  Will they get a trial at all?  Do
they have a one-way ticket to Gitmo?  Do they get to enjoy
water-boarding (which we all know isn't torture)?  Will they be let out
someday a decade from now after signing away their rights to take the US
government to court?

Now, if these folks were purchasing supplies or infiltrating airlines or
whatever, that would be a different story.  There might even be evidence
that a crime has been committed.

Paul