[Vision2020] Follow up - Islam the religion of peace!

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 14:11:27 PDT 2007

  Andreas,

  You wrote:

  "No, actually, that's exactly what I'm arguing. Terrorist bombings are
beestings. Worth paying attention to -- but it makes roughly as much
sense to base one's foreign policy on terrorism as it makes to base
one's camping plans on the possibility of being mauled by lions."

  So even though the leading cause of death and destruction of your military and civilian populations is lions when you go “camping” you would instead focus your attention on defenses against the Tyrannosaurus Rex and Killer Whale because they COULD do more damage? I think it is wisest to focus you energies on preventing what is killing your people. We didn't focus on an open door and free trade policy with Russia and the Chinese when we were fighting the Japanese and Germans, we focused most of our resources on the biggest problem facing us. The attack on Pearl Harbor had less fatalities and monetary damage than 9/11.

  I reject your assertion that 9/11 was just a "bee sting," especially to the families and friends that lost a loved one or two. I think it was something far more serious, and such future attacks need to be thwarted and avenged. I think pursuing a foreign policy that prevents 3,000 US civilians from being blown up by foreign enemies on US soil should be a top priority.

   "No, at the time of the Reconquista, Muslims were a *majority* in
southern Spain. al-Andalus was a Muslim nation that was, although less
homogenous than the other Iberian kingdoms of the time, had Islam as
the state religion."

  They were not really Muslims, but if you want to call them that I guess you can. Nonetheless, these medieval soldiers were a minority in Spain that took the land by force in 711 AD by slaughtering the local people that who were Christians. They then spent the next 400 years trying to kill every Christian in Europe and beheading their Bishops and Christian leaders including Perfectas. I don't need remind you what beheading means in Islamic Culture, particularly in their medieval times.

  This was not a Muslim country anymore than the Christian Holy Roman Empire was Christian, Holy or Roman. It was just power hungry men trying to cease as much land and wealthy as they could get their greedy grubby bloody hands on using religion as another tool for manipulation and control of the masses.  True Muslims, Christians, and Jews do not need land, power, wealth, followers, or blood to worship.

  Best,

  Donovan J Arnold

  Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 6/3/07, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> You wrote: "However terrible terrorism may be, it has been considerably less
> successful at eliminating Judaism in the Transjordan than the Inquisition
> was in eliminating Islam in Spain."
>
> If I didn't know better, I would think you were trying to argue that
> terrorist bombings are better than the Spanish Inquisition solely based on
> the measurement of how many Jews vs. Muslims remain in a given area without
> looking at other contributing factors.

No, actually, that's exactly what I'm arguing. Terrorist bombings are
beestings. Worth paying attention to -- but it makes roughly as much
sense to base one's foreign policy on terrorism as it makes to base
one's camping plans on the possibility of being mauled by lions.

> Muslims in Spain were a minority with no military, political, or economic
> power. Jews in the Transjordan area are fighting third world technological
> countries throwing dirt clumps and sand at their Howitzers, with the world's
> only superpower, the United States, right behind them. You are comparing
> apples to oranges so to speak.

No, at the time of the Reconquista, Muslims were a *majority* in
southern Spain. al-Andalus was a Muslim nation that was, although less
homogenous than the other Iberian kingdoms of the time, had Islam as
the state religion.

-- ACS

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com