[Vision2020] "Illegals" OK only if they fight in Iraq

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Jun 3 10:26:43 PDT 2007

The H2B program is a good start, but, as Nick says, has a quota that makes it a virtually guaranteed failure.  And while I would question that "only 10 percent" of undocumented Mexican workers send a child to public school, it is indisputable that most of us benefit, from the dinner table to the pension table, from their work.

Legalize 'em, I say -- if they've got no criminal record, are gainfully employed, and pay a processing fee/penalty.  Yes, it's a very personal issue for me, but I feel able to argue it from a humanitarian and an economic perspective.

keely

Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 07:09:40 -0800From: ngier at uidaho.eduTo: ophite at gmail.comCC: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] "Illegals" OK only if they fight in IraqGood Morning:Larry Kudlow, writing for the conservative journal National Review (4/4/06), goes beyond the requests of the current legislation.  He urges Congress to expand the ridiculously low unskilled H-2B quota from 140,000 to the millions of visas that are needed for our service and agricultural economy.  Kudlow also reminds Americans that "illegals have [paid] $7 billion to Social Security and $1.5 billion to Medicare. They are contributing to our wealth, not reducing it."  He also adds that "only 10 percent of illegal Mexicans have sent a child to an American public school and just 5 percent have received food stamps or unemployment benefits."Nick Gier