[Vision2020] Follow up - Islam the religion of peace!

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 00:10:50 PDT 2007

Andreas,

  You wrote: "However terrible terrorism may be, it has been considerably less successful at eliminating Judaism in the Transjordan than the Inquisition was in eliminating Islam in Spain."

  If I didn't know better, I would think you were trying to argue that terrorist bombings are better than the Spanish Inquisition solely based on the measurement of how many Jews vs. Muslims remain in a given area without looking at other contributing factors.

  Muslims in Spain were a minority with no military, political, or economic power. Jews in the Transjordan area are fighting third world technological countries throwing dirt clumps and sand at their Howitzers, with the world's only superpower, the United States, right behind them. You are comparing apples to oranges so to speak.

  Best,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 6/2/07, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> Sue,
>
> I have to agree with Gary as being more historically accurate. The Spanish
> Inquisition did torture and kill many. However, the Inquisition did not blow
> up woman and children in random bomb attacks on villages. The

No, Donvoan, the Spanish Inquisition did not blow up women and
children in random bomb attacks. The Spanish Inquisition did nothing
randomly. Rather, it systematically killed Jewish and Moorish
families, and managed to wipe out both Islam and Judaism in the
Iberian penninsula. However terrible terrorism may be, it has been
considerably less successful at eliminating Judaism in the Transjordan
than the Inquisition was in eliminating Islam in Spain.

-- ACS