[Vision2020] Today's Daily News HER VIEW: Don't confuse mentalillness with criminality

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jun 1 16:44:02 PDT 2007

Rhetorical question, Andreas:

Why even bother sentencing a person to batterers' treatment if measures are
not initiated to ensure that person undergoes batterers' treatment?  Or is
it simply a paper shuffle, such that later when statistics are polled, Latah
County can say, "We are getting down on spousal abuse.  Of those convicted
of domestic assault (or similar crime) last year we sentenced X (number) to
batterers' treatment."

But then, it's not like he was fishing out of season where his fishinig gear
would be confiscated, huh?

"Uh, how about a 1-strike law. Death doesn't seem too extreme for a Level-3
sex offender."

- Dale "Comb-Over" Courtney (August 3, 2005)