[Vision2020] Road trip

Bev Bafus bevbafus at verizon.net
Tue Jul 31 13:22:41 PDT 2007

Sunil...
we're taking a shortened version of the same trip again soon as our daughter
is going to school at Humboldt State in Arcata, CA.  If you want to get to
SF quickly, take the advice of Scott, and do the freeway routes.

We've driven to Arcata several times, and the fastest is the I-84 to I-5 to
Grants Pass route, then down 199 to 101 and south to Arcata.  If you are
going to SF, and want to get there quickly, do not take 199-101.  Both of
these are two lane, and curvier than anything North Idaho has to offer.

If you are looking for the scenic route - definitely take 101 down, but it
will take you at least an extra day, maybe two.

Good luck!

Bev