[Vision2020] Firearms - Dangerous or Useful?

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Fri Jul 27 11:38:22 PDT 2007

Joe says:
"On a side note, you should be ashamed of yourself, Dan, for chiding me
about using data from Wikipedia to making the case about Bush's drug use
yet giving a big thumbs up to Mike for the data collected from
"gunowners.org." Give me a break!)"

I didn't even look at the links, Joe; I just thought Mike's post was
well written, especially when he mentioned "perceived risk".  I thought
my comments conveyed thus.

Perception is a BIG factor in a lot of things.  Someone who doesn't
spend a lot of time around firearms would perceive them as more
dangerous than someone who is around them on a daily basis. Heck,
perception is a huge factor when we talk about what goes on here in
Moscow.  Just look at the downtown parking issue:  People "perceive" a
lack of parking, yet I've always been able to find a spot, and maybe
that's just my "perception".

I didn't even want to get involved with this tarbaby of a subject, since
there is rarely any consensus.  I'm not even sure we could agree on the
color of the sky if we debate it here on Vision2020.

And for the record, I think it's a nice shade of cornflower, or maybe
cyan.

DC