[Vision2020] What a ripoff!!!!!!

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:10:39 PDT 2007

I will agree with Tom Ivie on this one.  Boise sucks.  I grew up here, moved away before the buble got huge, and have returned since the bubble popped.  Traffic is horrible, the infrastructure was not designed very well.  I doubt Donovan has ever driven on Eagle road on any day that ended in a y.  If he had, he wouldn't spew vomit and lies on the V.  Anyway, Boise and the rest of the Treasure Valley need a lot of work.  Growth is good, but one must plan for growth.  I listen to the traffic report every morning on my way to work, everyday it is the same thing.  20 minute drive from Meridian Rd to Eagle Rd.  You can pretty much see the overpass for Eagle Rd while sitting in the shade of the overpass at Meridian Rd.  20 minutes to travel maybe a mile is not good.  Now try returning to Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Calwell starting at 3 pm.  Not going to happen, very fast that is.  I once had to drive to Nampa at 4 pm on a Tuesday.  Instead of taking the freeway, I took Victory road which parallels the interstate.  From Vista Rd, where the airport is, all the way to Orchard, the traffic did not move.  Then I drove to Cole, still the traffic was not moving.  You think Moscow is bad, try Boise.  Six miles on the freeway takes a lot longer than 12 minutes, well except for Sunday mornings before 9 am.Donovan, you really should not pretend to be an expert on traffic in Boise unless you struggle through it on a Daily basis.  Sit in a non A/C truck on the interstate stuck at 5 pm going west on a record setting 110 degree day and then tell us about traffic in Boise.  Maybe if I have time on Monday I will even take some pictures for you to prove your incorrect statements.  I don't even have to do that, pull up the ACHD website and look at the traffic cams.  Then read the recent article about Boise Mayor Dave Bieter and the pissing match with ACHD, now replace Dave Bieter with the names of the mayors of Nampa, Caldwell, Eagle, Meridian, and the CEO of Micron.Tom you are correct, Donovan, like usual, is incorrect." 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. ThompsonDate: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:39:13 -0700From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.comTo: the_ivies3 at yahoo.com; vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] What a ripoff!!!!!!Tom Ivie,     It takes 35 minutes to drive from Caldwell to Boise, and almost everything in the Treasure Valley is somewhere in between. It only takes 12 minutes to go from Meridian to Boise, if that. You are either taking Franklin or riding a bicycle if it takes you that long to go 6 miles on the freeway. It takes me less than 10 minutes to drive from South Nampa to the cheese factory.      The cost of living in Moscow is higher than the cost of living in Boise, Nampa, or Caldwell. You are failing to realize that the wages and job availability are way less in Moscow than in the Treasure Valley. You also have to consider that gas is cheaper, food is cheaper, and you can find almost anything used online within minutes if you cannot otherwise afford it new.      Most wages in the Treasure Valley are over $10 an hour. In Moscow, most wages are much lower.      There
 are other costs that are less too, such as utilities, and movie rentals. You can rent a recent released movie for $1, in Moscow it is about $4.      In Nampa and Caldwell you can rent a house $800 or less. Students are easily paying 150% that rate while working for less than $7 an hour. You can get an 800 sqft apartment with a garage for $500. Find that in Moscow and I will take it quickly.       Quality of life is dependent on what you need and what you want. If you have a disability, Moscow may likely not be able to help you to the degree that Boise can. Also, there is more to do in the Treasure Valley, and greater/faster medical care.     The Treasure Valley is growing while Latah is shrinking. You are correct about the drive by shooting with gangs in some parts of Nampa. However, the crime rate in Ada county is not any worse than Latah. I have
 had relatives injured, shot at, and killed in Moscow just like a big city. Sometimes people are more likely to die in Latah because it takes a long time to get immediate medical attention.      I am sure no matter where you are, you would enjoy your children. But if you don't have a job that pays at least $15 an hour in Moscow, it is really close to impossible to give children a high quality of life.      Best,     DonovanTom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:  Moscow just paid me 45c 2 weeks ago on my cans. As far as Boise goes -You can have it.  The entire Treasure Valley has grown too fast for the infrastructure. It is a good place to visit and then come back home and realize how GOOD we have it in Moscow.  Do we have daily
 drive-by's?  I hope we never do - or the even the occasional one as far as that goes. Factor into the price of goods an hour of drive time to get to the store and back.  Not that long ago it took me 10 minutes to drive from South Nampa to the old cheese factory between Nampa and Meridian.  Now it takes 30 minutes.  It used to take 15 min to get to Meridian, now it takes close to an hour.  Quality of Life is all relative, but for me part of it is adding up those extra minutes that I get to spend with family and friends for the rest of my life and not stuck in a car in traffic.Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:     Does Moscow Recycling take their metal to Lewiston and get the 35 cent difference?     Moscow is expensive. The jobs are scare and they don't pay anything.
 Not to mention housing and basic goods is higher than Boise and most other major Idaho towns and cities.      Best,     Donovan     Kai Eiselein <fotopro63 at hotmail.com> wrote:      I loaded up my ancient (1981) Nissan pickup with a bunch of aluminum siding today and hauled it over to the recycling center.Most of it is in 6' lengths, but they want it smaller AND they only pay 15 cents a pound for it!Pacific Steel in Lewiston will take the 6' lengths and will pay 50 cents per pound!Moscow Recycling should be ashamed of itself.    Don't get caught with egg on your face.    Play Chicktionary!  =======================================================List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com=======================================================      Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. =======================================================List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com=======================================================Tom & Liz Ivie       Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. =======================================================List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com=======================================================