[Vision2020] Essay on Globalism by Ron Paul

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 12:27:25 PDT 2007

The reason the US Senate is stalling on the withdraw of troops from Iraq is because it knows two things;

  1) That the people that voted for them what an end to the war now and what the troops back home.

  and

  2) That if the US withdraws troops from Iraq it would have negative repercussions and that it vital to US interests to keep troops there.

  It is difficult to handle the balance of the two. So what they do is say they are against the war, but don't actually take action against it.

  Best,

  Donovan

lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:
  Tim
I agree with much of what Ron Paul says. The United Nations is useful only to the extent it acts as a place for nations to discuss common problems. It should never be allowed to supersede US law. I am of course biased but I think that with all it flaws the US form of government is the best that has ever been devised. We should never agree to letting any other world body supersede our laws. Having said that it is important to realize we live in a global society and market place. We have to be willing to compete in the global market. Just do not place our laws second to anything else. If there is to be globalization, let any enity in the world join the United States by a 2/3 vote of their population. They would then become a part of the United states and subject to our laws. Note that a simple majority vote of their population is not good enough. There would have to be overwhelming support for it.

Roger