[Vision2020] campaign contributions

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jul 19 19:48:59 PDT 2007

Arnold inquires:

"The average household income in Latah is $30,000 a year. Can you name 2, or
just 15%, of the over 30 elected officials (not counting precinct chairs) in
all of Latah that has a household income below that amount? Please let us
know."

I have absolutely no idea, Arnold.  Nor do I care to know.  It is simply
none of my business.

I vote for people that reflect and support my priorities, whether it be
ensuring neighborhood safety, support for police unions, or simply enforcing
zoning codes.

I never consider a candidate's financial worth when I mark my ballot.

And you?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)

  _____

The average household income in Latah is $30,000 a year. Can you name 2, or
just 15%, of the over 30 elected officials (not counting precinct chairs) in
all of Latah that has a household income below that amount? Please let us
know.

Best,

Donovan

Tom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Ha haha.  None of the city council members I know are particularly wealthy
and most are far from it.  The last school board election for where Dan and
I live had two candidates that aren't rich.  One of them lives across the
street from me and has rented the house for 4 yrs.  His signs were bought by
Dr. Weitz.  A candidate wears several hats, one is a fund raiser hat.

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:

Donovan says:

"Political offices are for the wealthy and those with lots of free time.
The average person cannot participate."

I'll be sure to let my wife know that by my participation in the
electoral process I'm above average, and we're evidently wealthy!

She'll be tickled.

DC

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

Tom & Liz Ivie

  _____

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
Check out fitting gifts
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http:/search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_m
ail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz>  for grads at Yahoo!
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

  _____

Building a website is a piece of cake.
Yahoo! Small Business gives you all
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48251/*http:/smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/
?p=PASSPORTPLUS>  the tools to get online.